We are very much looking forward to seeing everyone again!
Health & Safety
It is great news that we are returning to sessions, but we still want to remain cautious due to the increasing case numbers of COVID-19 locally and the fact that many of our participants and/or their family members/carers may be clinically vulnerable. With this in mind we aim to keep everyone as safe as possible in our sessions and would like to draw your attention to a few bits of guidance for attending our indoor dance sessions:
– Please book your sessions in advance online wherever possible at www.dancesyndrome.co.uk/events This helps us to manage session numbers, reduces points of contact for our participants and staff and will enable our sessions to get started more quickly. If this presents a challenge for you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will find an alternative method of payment.
– Lateral flow tests are now available for free home delivery for everyone in the UK: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
We are sharing this information as taking regular lateral flow tests helps to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This is not compulsory for attending indoor dance sessions, but we do strongly recommend it for everyone’s safety.
– Please DO NOT attend an indoor dance session if you or someone you live with has had any of the main COVID-19 symptoms in the previous 7 days.
– Please observe specific rules implemented by our venues, such as one-way systems, track and trace QR code scanning, etc.
– We ask that at the current time, carers do not stay in the dance space to watch the session unless they are actively needed to support a participant to take part in the session. If you are remaining in areas of the building outside of the dance space while the session takes place, for example in the cafe, you will be required to sign in for track and trace purposes.
– Please continue to use social distancing, wherever possible. We know this is no longer official guidance, but we want everyone to feel comfortable and have their personal space respected.
– Please continue to sanitise or wash your hands frequently, particularly before entering our dance space.
– We strongly recommend still wearing a face mask indoors when moving around the public spaces in the building unless you are exempt.
– Please bring your own drinks to the session. Our Dance Artists can no longer offer drinks at breaks for health and safety reasons.
– Our Dance Artists will aim to keep the dance space well ventilated, so you may want to wear a removable sweatshirt or jumper to keep warm.
– Sessions will all have a maximum number of spaces available to ensure everyone’s safety. We highly recommend booking in advance online to secure a place. If you turn up without booking, we will try our best to accommodate you, but we have strict rules around maximum numbers, and you may not be able to participate.
You can view a copy of our Plungington Community Centre risk assessment on this link.
These guidelines will be reviewed in September, taking the pandemic situation at that time into consideration.
Our Zoom sessions will continue for those who do not live locally or who prefer to stay online at the moment.
Monday 19th July 2021 at Plungington Community Centre
EXTEND: Jazz will return at 11am – 11:45am from Monday 19th July. Cost £10 per session.
EXTEND: Contemporary will return at 11:45am – 12:30pm from Monday 19th July. Cost £10 per session.
EXTEND: Street will return at 1:15pm – 2pm from Monday 19th July. Cost £10 per session.
Wednesday 21st July 2021 at Plungington Community Centre
Everybody Dance – Preston will return at 10am -11am from Wednesday 21st July. Cost £7 per session.
EXTEND: Ballet will return at 11:15am – 12:15pm from Wednesday 21st July. Cost £10 per session.
DS Collective rehearsals will go indoors in Plungington Community Centre on Wednesday 21st July from 1pm – 3pm. Cost £10 per session.
EXTEND: Rave a new face-to-face session building on the success of our Zoom Rave with Bex and Dave session. Wednesdays at 7-8pm. Cost £10 per session.
Saturday 24th July 2021 at St Mary’s Centre, Clitheroe
Everybody Dance – Clitheroe will return at 10:30am -12:15pm from Saturday 24th July. Cost £7 per session.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not worry if your regular session is not included above. This is a phased return, and we are still looking at how to safely return to other venues. This is an extensive process and the first phase of the return required us to focus on one venue at a time. We will be in touch soon as further sessions re-open. In the meantime, everyone is welcome at both our face-to-face and online sessions, so why not try something new?
Booking for all sessions will be via www.dancesyndrome.co.uk/events
Whatever way you choose to dance, we hope to see you at one of our sessions soon. In the meantime, please contact us if you have any questions.
Thank you for your support throughout the pandemic.