Inclusive Approaches Training is for qualified Dance Artists who are looking to add inclusive dance to their current set of skills. (If you are not currently a qualified Dance Artist, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can give you more information about our other dance opportunities.)
In this training you will learn how to adapt the dance sessions that you are already running so that they are fully inclusive and can be adapted to meet a range of different needs.
You will learn about:
– Creating a safe environment
– Managing group dynamics
– The importance of the individual
– Working with participants with additional needs – with specific focus on wheelchair users, people with learning disabilities and people who are visually impaired
– Using props and visual aids
– Structure and content of sessions
– Reflective practice
Practical exercises will form the basis of the training followed by group work and discussion to consolidate learning.
Our sessions will be co-delivered by our lead artist and two dance leaders with disabilities.
– Increased knowledge and understanding of how participants with additional needs may feel during sessions that are not inclusive and how to manage this
– Greater awareness of barriers that people with additional needs may face
– Confidence in being able to deliver sessions with participants of different abilities and with varying needs
– New ideas for session delivery and how to develop these ideas in their own settings
We are offering Inclusive Approaches as a full day training course, which will take place as follows:
Sunday 21st October
10am – 5pm (with a 30 minute lunch break)
At The Media Factory, University of Central Lancashire, Kirkham St, Preston, Lancashire PR1 2XY
£50 per person
Spaces on the course are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.
You can book online using the form on our website. If you have any questions before booking, please email email@example.com