Dance by Example is a training course to enable people with learning disabilities to gain the skills and confidence to co-deliver dance workshops and take the role of Dance Leader.
The training is also aimed at people who want to support Dance Leaders with learning disabilities.
The course is suitable for learners starting out on their dance journey or learners with some dance experience.
Over 20 weeks (40 hours) learners will explore the skills needed to co-deliver community dance workshops.
– delivering dance activities
– health and safety
– working with participants with varying needs
By the end of the course learners can expect to be able to do the following:
– Work with a partner to plan a dance workshop
– Work with a partner to co-lead a variety of different dance workshop exercises
– Gather materials to use within a workshop
– Understand the importance of a warm up within a workshop
– Understand health and safety issues within a workshop setting
– Work with a partner to review a workshop
The course will run on the following Thursdays at 10am – 12pm:
November: 8th, 15th, 22nd & 29th
December: 6th, 13th & 20th
January: 10th, 17th, 24th & 31st
February: 14th, 21st & 28th
March: 7th, 14th, 21st & 28th
Apr: 4th, 11th, 18th & 25th
At the end of the course we will provide Information, Advice and Guidance to help learners to progress onto other work or learning opportunities. Where possible we will provide work placement opportunities within DanceSyndrome.
This course is free to participants thanks to funding from Spirit of 2012.
If you would like to join this course or would like more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org